Switching to digital work and digital processes also means learning to handle large varieties of data and optimise the utilisation of existing tools. Therefore, both sides have to change their mindset: the companies themselves on one hand, and the supplier of digital tools on the other. Today, the JobRouter Group, a globally leading provider of a cross-industry digitisation platforms, announced the update of the 4th JobRouter® generation. This update contains extensions for a comprehensive process automation and offers a new module for integrated master data management.
Now, more than ever, digitally growing companies are in need of an open and scalable solution that is going to meet their changing requirements and support them to grow efficiently even further. The JobRouter Group has been addressing this development with the 4th generation of its JobRouter® technology already: A customisable dashboard offers management and staff the necessary overview and usability, the new mobile client can work on the move easily, while the efficient REST API makes the creation of low-code applications even more simple and fast.
„The fastest integration of the JobRouter® platform into any company structure has the highest priority for us“, says Axel Ensinger, Chief Product Officer at JobRouter AG. „Because that‘s how we can guarantee the JobRouter® users to benefit from the digitisation right away and experience the added value of digital tools immediately. Scalability and connectivity are not empty phrases for us but the essence of contemporary work. This is the basis of the further development of our technology and takes us to the next level.“
With regards to that, JobRouter® 4.1 now also supports PHP 7. The significant changes and optimisations in the PHP core are delivering an explicit performance increase. In addition, the new data management module and the functions for the customisation of the digitisation platform help to make digital working via different systems, databases and applications even more simple and comfortable.
Manage master data efficiently with JobData
Data is traded as the "gold of the digital age": with justification! Data is the foundation of digitisation, and our JobRouter® technology is based on this simple principle: “Our experience has shown that over 70 percent of all JobRouter® processes access master data, such as cost centers, customer or delivery specifications as well as complex approval matrices. Until now, these had to be maintained by the IT department or the responsible process designer. This is not only cost-intensive, it affects resources badly and creates overloaded processes. With JobData, users from specialist departments can now maintain their master data independently, even without prior database knowledge. This means: viewing, creating or editing master data tables! This is made possible by an intelligent rights and role management as well as the seamless interface between the JobRouter® platform and the selected database.”
Administrators and process designers can create arbitrary tables and define which users are given access to data for viewing, creation, or maintenance purposes. All functions are seamlessly integrated into the user management and right system of the JobRouter® platform. Now, data management becomes even more efficient: With JobData, you can either create new tables, use existing tables or both import and export table structures or data records via Excel - ready for further processing or exchane between systems. This means an enormous work relief for process designers!
In addition, JobRouter® 4.1 offers exciting extensions with regards to mobility, security, and usability:
- Enhanced mobility: With JobRouter® 4.1, the JobViewer component was integrated into the mobile client, which adds and displays over 300 file types in any process. Thanks to the connection to JobArchive, documents stored in the archive can be opened and displayed via JobViewer. In addition, dynamic lists can also be used to integrate data directly from databases into a mobile dialog.
- Enhanced security: Unless authentication is performed via a user directory such as Active Directory, users are given the option to reset their password independently by means of a "password-forgotten" function.
- Enhanced freedom of choice: The display of tables within dialogs has also been improved for users so that they can filter and sort by data records. This means that even large amounts of data can be displayed in one dialog. In addition, the column names can now be formatted and also translated, which simplifies the work in the process designer considerably.
- Enhanced individuality: The JobRouter® digitisation platform can now easily be adapted to the CI of a company: Login and logout pages can be customised through background images and a corporate logo. In addition, the JobRouter logo in the application header can be replaced by a separate title.
- Batch processing: JobRouter® 4.1 provides you with even more optimisation of work sequences: It offers the possibility to automatically open the next operation from a user’s inbox after having processed a step, without this function having to be activated in the individual process steps. The user can now decide how to work most efficiently.
- Designable category icons: For an even better overview, users can now save different colors for certain categories and either use them as a background for the icons of the navigation bar or use the initial letters of the category name.
- Barcode filtering with regular printout: In the menu for configuring a file import job, a checkbox can be used to define whether the search filter is specified as a regular printout and search patterns can be defined.